Download Vmware Player over the internet or download vmware by searching in google.
After installing the vmware just open your vmware player.
1. Click on "Create a New Virtual Machine "
2. Click on the "Browse" button and locate the path of operating system iso file.
3. Proceed by clicking on "next" button.
4. As i am installing linux , so i clicked on linux tab and specific version of linux, i.e., Mandriva Linux.
5. Click "Next" for proceeding.
6. Give the Virtual Machine name and proceed to next.
7. Enter the size of guest operating system, i recommend 20 gb. Click on next.
8. Click on finish and the guest os will be installed in Vmware Player.
9. The OS loads in to vmware. The picture represents it.